About the Children Center
St. John's Children's Center (SJCC) stands with the family in shaping lives through nurturing each child with a developmentally appropriate and Christ-centered education.
The Center offers a safe, loving, nurturing Christian environment in which young children can develop to their fullest, God-given potential--spiritually, physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually, and creatively. Each child is a unique creation of God and should be treated with love and respect.
- To help children establish themselves 'away from home.'
- To help children learn to interact with their peers.
- To utilize the rapid learning years of three and four year olds to their greatest potential.
- To broaden children's growth experiences: mental, physical, spiritual, emotional and social.
- To establish the foundation for formal education by forming an early, close home-school relationship which can provide vital guidance in the primary grades.
- To develop in children positive attitudes toward themselves and their achievements.
- To awaken in children the realization that 'to learn' is exciting and continuous.
- To guide children to a better understanding and a more extensive relationship with Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- To guide children to a better understanding and a more extensive relationship with adults.
- To develop in children an understanding of who they are and how to relate to others through Christian obedience in their lives.